Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Two Poems by Dawnell Harrison


Hemlock-headed

You poison everything
You touch like a

Hemlock-headed witch.
The night thickens and

Laments as the twined
Noise in the tar-colored

Night rides down
From the twisted oak

Trees.
I cannot hold your

Wretched hands.
I cannot trust that which

Is demonic.
I ride the waves of the

Moon’s light alone down
To the earth’s floor.
I must be an island.



Glisten

The stars glisten in the indigo sky
as the moon shows its bald luminescent

face in the cold hours of the night.
I wait for you in our icy bed to come

and melt the frost away.
I cling to my heart -

my soul lingers like a child wanting
some candy.



Dawnell Harrision has been published in over 100 magazines and journals including The Endicott Review, The Journal, Fowl Feathered Review, The Bitchin' Kitsch, Vox Poetica, The Tower Journal, Queen's Quarterly, and many others.

No comments:

Post a Comment