Thursday, May 1, 2014

Three Poems by Paul Tristram


She Was Insensitive To My Sensitivity

…so I refrained from looking
as she chose to not wave goodbye.




Following Yesterday’s Telephone Conversation

I would like to formerly
hand in my resignation
from this relationship.
I want no part
in the twisted machinery
of your schemes.
I want a permanent out,
to be gone from the lies,
deceit and game playing.
I have never before
had the misfortune
to witness the sickening
behaviour of such a slimy,
vicious group of Bastards
in all of my life.
Good Riddance!
To the lot of you.
The further into the past
you go and the quicker
that it happens is the only
blessing that I ask for.
I do not even want to be
around to watch the claws
of Karma rip you all
into miserable little pieces.


Yours Truly
the one who survived
and got away.




Beating A Path

Beating a path
away from your heart
was far quicker and needed
much less preparation
than the one that got me there
in the first place.
It was more of a reaction,
like jumping backwards
from a face-burn.
Jesus Christ! I can’t even describe
the monster that I found there?
It’s almost funny, in a sick way.
Now that I’m far away
from the horrible crap
that you are eternally chained to.
I merely emotionally scraped it off
from the bottom of my shoe,
stepped out of the shadows
and back into the sunshine again.
Take a deep breath, my son
it was all just a horrible dream.



 
Paul Tristram is a Welsh writer who has poems, short stories, sketches and photography published in many publications around the world, he yearns to tattoo porcelain bridesmaids instead of digging empty graves for innocence at midnight, this too may pass, yet.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment